Friday, April 20, 2007

Crop Nite - Mini Drawer Set

Last Friday was a blast! Nothing bad happened (Friday the 13th) but oh so much good. Went for Shabby's Crop Nite and there was a project planned for us all to do. I didn't think it would take the whole night to complete the project tho so I had brought other projects of my own. Little did I know...hehe. We started with this...






Progressed on to become this...







And after much cutting, sticking, hole punching, eyelet setting and err...knotting (I had lots of help with this last bit cos I was in a real hurry to get home...overflowing milk ducts will do that sometimes) the end result...










I've not started on the embellishments for the drawer set yet. So its still sitting on my desk at home. It is meant to sit on my office desk and store paper clips, my tiny eraser, staples, and err...more paper clips. Ok alright I confess...it is meant to be a brag piece to my colleagues. So after its has been viewed several times, it can come home and be more useful in storing my brads, eyelets, flowers, etc, etc. :-)

I think this was the first time that I had been to Shabby's and left without a shopping bag. Seemed strange but then, I had only just been there the Tuesday before...hee. Thanks again Shabby for the great time, great company, great food (loving those sandwiches Princess) and great SWENSEN's ice cream. [edit - Thanks must also go to the 'K' cousins who helped me take the brilliant photos of my drawer set in progress - Cheers!] Until the next crop nite.....

6 comments:

Jasmin B said...

Oooooh! Nice!!! So sweet the colours! I like!!

{ Yu'er } said...

I like the beatutiful circles... Ching and I still wait for the box from scrappinggals, I thought they put our items in the box which left the first week of April, do you have any idea about it?

Ruey said...

that is sooo cute....such patience!!!! Great design Shabby Chic!!!

Reza Faizal said...

wow...this is nice...

Danura said...

and great swenson;s ice cream?? boy was i at the wrong place that night!

Pandachu said...

I like the colours on this one. Have u started using it? Cant wait til u put the embelishments on!!