Friday, December 01, 2006

Layout sizes

Standard scrapbook pages come in 2 sizes. 12x12 and 8.5x11 (which is slightly smaller than an A4 sheet of paper). Of course you can get many different sized albums these days in sizes like 9x9, 8x8 and 6x6 albums plus many more different sizes. The more affordable and widely available 12x12 albums are from Making Memories and they come in various colours in a linen or faux leather finish.

It is advisable to not layer too much paper and/or cardstock on the edges of your layouts as you may find it difficult to get your pages to fit into your page protector. I have that problem with the Nana & Me layout below. I placed my photo and patterned paper flush on the edge of my cardstock base thereby resulting in thick edges. So now i find it hard to get my page to fit in the plastic page protectors of the album and even more so if i try and fit a second layout on the other side of the page protector.

Colorbok produces albums called the The Perfect Scrapbook Album and Making Memories used to produce the Perfect Fit Albums. There are also other brands that advertise themselves as being the perfect fit for 12x12 pages so i gather the problem i have of trying to fit my thick-ish page into my album is a common occurrence. I have the Colorbok album but have not used it yet so whether or not it is true to its calling card, that i do not know.



This is the Colorbok Perfect Scrapbook Album, called as such as they claim that there is no need to trim your pages to get them to fit nicely.





I am using a Making Memories 12x12 album for Ty's pages (see above - blue linen with label holder). And when i saw the photo of my Mum and Ty holding hands, I immediately knew that the photo had to be enlarged to the maximum. I enlarged the photo to an 8x12 in order to fill the entire length of the page and put my journalling strips on the other side. The 4 little pictures at the bottom were a last minute decision and only because I couldn't decide on a space filler for that spot.

You might notice that the second cardstock strip on the layout is blank. The Hubby blanked it out as it had my parent's address on it. I didn't even know he did it till after I posted this.


Materials: Textured Cardstock: Making Memories and Bazill Basics Paper; Patterned Paper: Junkitz; Twistel and Acrylic Paint: Making Memories; Chipboard Alphabet: Heidi Swapp for Advantus; Photo Corners: Chatterbox; Tag and Brad: Queen & Co.; Alphabet Rubber Stamps: Hero Arts; Pigment Ink: Ranger.

No comments: