Friday, December 08, 2006

The Beginning - oooeer

This was my very first attempt at a 12x12 page layout. Very simple and basic scrapbooking I think. My efforts at making the little foldout booklet containing more photos did not turn out very well as the ribbon tie is really for show only and does not hold the booklet close AT ALL!! Oops!! I had already stuck the picture on the front of the booklet before realizing the ribbon had to go over ithe photo in order to secure the whole thing. And of course I did not want any ribbon to mar the photo hence the "for-show" ribbon tie. Oh well...a better attempt next time!!!

But aren't the photos sooooo cute!! Ty (in the Tigger outfit) and his cousin, Yu Shiuan (piglet of course) were born only 2 days apart and when they were 6 months old, we brought them to Universal Photo Studios for a studio shoot. Ty had gotten the piglet outfit as a gift from my aunt, Hjh Adina (who meant to give it to my cousin's child Aqilah but did not realize it was a piglet so we lucked out except that it is pink...not that the colour stopped us from letting Ty use it for as long as he could fit in it - metrosexual colour bah). The Tigger outfit is a hand-me-down from I dunno who.


Materials: Textured Cardstock: Bazzill Basic Paper; Patterned Paper: Chatterbox and We R Memory Keepers; Alphabet Stickers: EK Success; Epoxy Tiles Play: Sticko for EK Success; Pen: Zig; Ribbon: Pictures2Pages; Photo Corners: Chatterbox; Alphabet Rubber Stamps: Hero Arts; Ink: Tsukineko; Paper Punch: EK Success Whale of a Punch.


I must admit I am not very good with patterned paper. Love buying them but can't seem to use them properly. The Chatterbox brand of papers are really nice and they come co-ordinated by "rooms" and are double sided. The paper I used above is from the Sun Room collection and it was pretty easy picking for me as i wanted something to match the orange of the Tigger outfit.

My cousin, LJ (who is scrapbook crazy now) just came back from joining a beginner and intermediate class in Singapore at Laine's Papeterie (located on the 3rd Floor of Wheelock Place - same floor as Birkenstock) and she was told that we should choose our patterned paper first and then choose the co-ordinating cardstock. That sure was news for me as i almost always choose my cardstock first to match the photos and then I trawl thru my paper stash for matching paper. When you think about it, it does seem easier to choose patterned paper first. So that is the quick tip for today. :-)

No comments: