Sunday, August 05, 2007

My Moment of Being Inspiration-less

Ok so I know most everyone hits a low peak now and again and when the mojo is down...scrapping seems so far far away. I recently came out of a patch like that. Now don't get me wrong, I wanted to scrap but everytime I sat down at my table, nothing seemed interesting. Not even buying new supplies inspired me anymore cos even tho the scrapping came to a halt, the shopping for supplies did not. Hehe.

So in a valiant attempt to try and tidy my scrap room some time ago, I came across a Clear Expressions sheet that I bought in May from Laine's. The Clear Expressions sheet is a piece of clear plastic overlay that is 12x12 in size and all you have to do is choose your patterned paper or cardstock, stick your picture on top, add some journaling and place the overlay in position on top of everything and voila...a completed LO in a matter of minutes.



Materials:- Overlay: Clear Expressions; Patterned Paper: Basic Grey; Ink: Making Memories; Pen: Zig.

Hee, its cheating I know, but completing this LO inspired me to start scrapping again. Sometimes, when inspiration or mojo is low, you gotta do whatever it takes to get it back again. And you gotta admit, the doodles on the overlay is nice. I like doodles but am not very good at it. So this overlay was a perfect solution for me to get some doodles in my album. Hehe...in this situation, sometimes the end justifies the means. :-)

NB: I actually have another Clear Expressions overlay for a "ME" LO. Thought it'd be nice to do one just for me.

3 comments:

Pandachu said...

So true about the end justifying the means. I had to force myself to finish a challenge to get my mojo back :p

Me likes this LO tho!

Jasmin B said...

Really nice LO! Looks like original to me...and yes love the doodles!

Good idea....should one encounter a mojo-less phase

{ Yu'er } said...

How beautiful! I love the overlay especially the swirls! Well done, so when you gonna show us the ME LO?