Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas gifts

Another xmas has come and gone and I was better prepared for gifts this year then ever before. I normally start looking for gifts in June/July but usually its when I'm overseas that I keep my eyes peeled. The Hubby actually helped this year by getting some from KL. I was kinda stumped for xmas gift ideas for 2 people at one point and then I checked in on Michelle's blog, something that I hadn't done for quite some time and saw that she had altered cds into door/wall hanging plaques. My SIL3 had done this last year but she stuck magnets onto hers. I had recently bought a craft drill from Fiskars (see below) and thought it would be perfect for drilling holes thru the cds for ribbon loops.


So I came up with 2 plaques rather quickly the night before xmas eve. The first one was very simple and the comments I got were that it was too simple. So I added a couple more rub-ons, some chipboard arrows and a small flower. I liked it simple and decided to keep it that way.




Materials:- Textured Cardstock: Bazill Basics; Rub-on clock and clear overlay: Making Memories; Cardstock sticker: 7 Gypsies; Chipboard arrows: American Crafts; Alphabet stickers: Provo Craft; Alphabet stamps: Hero Arts; Flower: Prima; Ribbon: P2P and Ink: Inkadinkado.

So for the second one, I decided to add a little more embellishments. Found a perfect cardstock sticker with bigger wording. Used a bigger clock rub-on and a bigger flower. I liked both in the end but I gotta admit, the 2nd one turned out much nicer. I guess it just takes practice.




Materials: Textured cardstock: Bazill Basics; Cardstock stickers: Cosmo Cricket and K & Co; Rub-ons: Fancy Pants Design and Making Memories; Chipboard arrows: American Crafts; Flower: Heidi Swapp; Bling brad and ribbon: Making Memories.

I used the same colour cardstock for the base mainly because I was too lazy to pick out another colour and I also thought blue could match with anything from brown, orange and red. Also didn't bother with any patterned paper...short of time you know. :-) I'm also in love with my Fiskars craft drill. It's such a great buy!!

Xmas eve was pretty boring. My own family are away except The Dude who had to work in the evening. Went out for coffee with some friends...well ice chocolate for me really since I don't drink coffee. Was kinda sad that The Hubby wasn't around to spend my birthday with me but the friends perked my mood up. I also got lots of text and FB wishes so thanks guys!! Its strange to no longer be in my 20s anymore but here's to a bigger, better and hopefully more scrap productive 30s. Haha!!

I spent most of xmas day with one of my very talented cousins. But I'll post more on that soon....

Update: For those who own the Crop-a-dile by We R Memory Keepers, you can easily punch a hole thru cds with it. The holes are super neat and the Crop-a-dile makes it so effortless. So I think I shall be putting my craft drill aside for now. LOL. I read about this in an old issue of Scrapbooks etc. I tried it out and was bummed i didn't know about it earlier. No mess no fuss. I'm looking at my crop-a-dile in a different light now.

No comments: