Thursday, February 08, 2007

Dreams come true

Yes I have been scrapping...before Jay was born but have been having major trouble uploading pictures onto the blog. Seems it is impossible to do from home. The Hubby had to upload the pics from his office. How sad is that eh!! Telbru home internet sucks!!

This is one layout that is not so my favourite. I liked the side bit and had fun doing it (especially the sewing) but I was rather disappointed with my journaling block (couldn't be bothered to re-do though). One good thing is that I managed to use the journalling which I wrote ages ago (finally). It was just waiting for an angelic/decent photo of Ty. This photo was one I dug out from a box I found full of Ty's photos printed for scrapbooking. Hehe forgot all bout these photos. Photo was taken by the Hubby at Meragang Beach (a.k.a Crocodile Beach) in March 2006.



Materials: Textured Cardstock: Bazzil Basics Paper; Patterned Paper: Chatterbox; Word Stickers: Making Memories and K & Company; Mesh: Magic Mesh (Vintage Dottie Ann); Pen: ZIG Millenium and Calligraphy; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Rub-on: Pure Juice Memories Complete.

I used the ZIG Calligraphy pen for my journalling but didn't count on my swollen fingers messing up my already U.G.L.Y handwriting (yes journalling was done during the late stages of pregnancy no.2 - hehe - I could not even put on my wedding ring). I just think the messy journalling block doesn't go with the neatness of the pattern paper blocks. Sigh. Surprisingly, No.1 critic (the Hubby) likes this page. On to bigger and better pages!!!

3 comments:

Jasmin B said...

I love this pic of Ty...he looks so CUTE! Btw..stop complaining about your U.G.L.Y. handwriting - be it with pudgy hands or not!! It's an heirloom you are creating here..so it doesn't matter!

Scrapper-holic said...

Yeah you're right. I suppose it is also the word stickers. The idea sounded good at the time (replacing words with the word stickers) but i dun quite like the overall bits and pieces look...something akin to a hostage note. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

One of the latest mags I purchased talked about trying something different with products you usually use or things you usually do with your LO's. I thought this would be a good application to your handwriting in this case as its something different n creative :)